Welcome...

My photo
I love to make things! I have no particular talents but always have something crafty on the go. I decided I'd suffered enough craft-blog-envy for a lifetime, so have started my own blog... humble & basic though it may be! We live in a century-old cottage in rural Tasmania and are loving learning how to live with soil on our hands. The goals are to value the simple things and to live consciously & ethically. And,importantly, to also pay our mortgage! Lofty goals indeed... please join me in the challenge!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes...


Much has changed in the last 12 months. As I mentioned in that last post, my soul mate and lover of 11 years, (and best friend for 20) chose to leave our relationshp. We had been trying to conceive since 2002 and in the last few years as I've got closer to 40, I had become even more determined and obsessed by it. And my partner? Well, less so. In the end it was all too much, the beloved didn't want kids any more and wanted to leave- ostensibly so that I could find someone else with whom I could have kids.  It was a painful time.  
 
 

So, on the rebound I unintentionally picked up the next guy I came across (I didn't even know I was capable of that!) and with 2 months I found out I was pregnant. I was delighted! Estatic. Astounded. Terrified. Alone. And intensly ill with severe, weight-losing morning sickness for months all through the winter of 2011. Crafting and blogging, unfortunately were the last things to turn my attention to! I've missed feeling centred and creative and inspired.

But, I have been amzingly lucky. And undeservedly blessed. The toyboy and I are working on building a pretty good relationship. He's brilliant. It's been hard - it's a very different relationship to what I've been used to. But it's good and I'm learning alot. And early this year I gave birth to my beautiful, astounding, miracle child.


Wonders never cease. 
She is my entire world. 


We planted her placenta under our first real-life pepperberry tree. So our lovely little Pepperberry Cottage has finally got herself a legitimate name. We have plans for many more (pepperberry trees, that is. Not cottages. Or placentas! Well ...maybe one.  Maybe even 2 if I can squeeze them in before I'm too old... )


Twelve months ago if you'd told me where I'd be at now, I'd have thought you were on something illicit. It's been a remarkable and intense year. I was very, very glad to see the end of 2011. 
But I'm loving 2012!


Blessings to all
Pepper
x






No comments:

Post a Comment