Welcome...

My photo
I love to make things! I have no particular talents but always have something crafty on the go. I decided I'd suffered enough craft-blog-envy for a lifetime, so have started my own blog... humble & basic though it may be! We live in a century-old cottage in rural Tasmania and are loving learning how to live with soil on our hands. The goals are to value the simple things and to live consciously & ethically. And,importantly, to also pay our mortgage! Lofty goals indeed... please join me in the challenge!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Felt pot mitts for Xmas...

                            

I've finally completed my first installment for the Handmade Christmas Challenge! Woo hoo! These are a gift for a gorgeous couple who have nearly finished renovating their oh-so-contemporary kitchen. Their kitchen is  black, white and red, and has the 'fork /spoon/ knife' motif in various guises sprinkled here and there.  So what better than handmade felt pot mitts with the same motif..?!


I just copied the shape of some pot mitts I have at home, however, in my wisdom when I was cutting them out, thought the glove looked a little huge, so shaved a bit of the edges off. Now it's quite a narrow fit. I can get my hand in it but I'm not sure about the boys... Hopefully it will stretch.... Ha! That'll teach me!
x

4 comments:

  1. excellent tone of red !
    what a sterling job with the cutlery.
    sure to be a winner at christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. The colour is great. Love the motif. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The red and white go so well. Love them.

    ReplyDelete